CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) INFORMATION AND CHANGES TO OFFICE VISIT POLICIES / VIDEO CONFERENCE IMPLEMENTATION
We want to update you on what CMC is doing to protect the health and well-being of everyone who works, visits, or receives care here during the developing health crisis of “novel coronavirus” (SARS-CoV-2) and the respiratory illness that it causes called “COVID-19”.
In order to safeguard against the transmission of all communicable illnesses, including COVID-19, we’re employing operational, medical, safety, and sanitation measures that go beyond standard recommendations for a facility of this type. These measures now include, but are not limited to:
EFFECTIVE MONDAY MARCH 16: In response to the current health threat All outpatient offices (NYC, LI and DC) are temporarily seeing ALL patients via on-line video conference sessions ONLY.
CMC:Berkshires, our residential program in Massachusetts remains fully operational
- CMC has vast video conference capabilities and experience. We have been doing VC sessions with clients regularly for many years.
- Clients are reporting that for both individual and group sessions this format is working remarkably well and people feel safer being able to shelter in place and still receive the care they need.
- We have 1-800 numbers set up for administrative and technical help getting you up to speed with this technology.
CMC:Berkshires residential program remains operational under the following restrictions:
- STAFF TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS: All staff are prohibited from using air travel, or any means of public transport. Staff members who have travelled by airplane or any form of public transportation at any time over the preceding 14 days, or live with someone who has, are required to report this to the Administrative Director, and will be placed on leave through the end of a 14-day waiting period that begins the day they last used air travel or public transportation.
- EXPOSURE ADVISORY: Any staff member, client or visitor who has been exposed to persons confirmed or suspected of having contracted COVID-19, or live with someone who has, will be subject to similar restrictions.
- DAILY STAFF SCREENING: At the start of every shift, every day, our staff have their temperature taken and are given a verbal screen for travel, symptoms or contact potentiality. If positive, they are sent home immediately and furloughed by the Administrative Director for a length of time determined by the Medical Director.
- ENHANCED CLIENT SCREENING: Clients who have travelled by plane or public transport, who have symptoms or had contact with confirmed or potential cases of COVID-19 must report this to their care team prior to visiting a CMC facility. They will be scheduled for phone or video conferencing sessions until the expiration of the same 14-day waiting period.
- In House Clients are screened for fever and other symptoms daily.
- We have temporarily banned visitors and all offsite trips
- We have a strict policy that CMC:B staff are not to report to work if they have a fever (100.4° F) or experience any signs or symptoms of respiratory illness including: coughing, sneezing, or shortness of breath
- Our property is well-stocked with wall and stand-mounted foam and gel sanitizers that are specifically capable of destroying bacteria and viruses, including coronavirus.
- Our dedicated housekeeping staff’s duties include more frequently scheduled disinfection of touch points such as door handles, telephones, computer hardware, and high traffic areas
- We have weekly coordination with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH), and will make prompt amendments to our policies and procedures based on the latest state and federal recommendations and patterns of coronavirus infection
- We had early acquisition of all appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), including masks and respirators, that are explicitly recommended to protect against COVID-19 (we have already received many of the supplies and equipment we would need in case of an emergent situation)
- We have spent time with our current clients educating them about our community efforts here on the CMC:Berkshires campus, and they are a big part of those efforts! Education and reminders about good prevention habits have been and will continue to be explained, and so far we are delighted with the group effort and spirit